By Kristin C. Thompson, Richard J. Morris
This ebook discusses the connection among juvenile incapacity and delinquency, together with features of minor with disabilities, how incapacity pertains to delinquency, and its impression in the course of a youth’s involvement with the juvenile justice procedure. The ebook info the connection among developmental, cognitive, mental, and academic disorders—specific stipulations together with ADHD, bipolar disease, and autism spectrum disorder—and delinquency in mild of either their overrepresentation between early life offenders and the uninformed dealing with of those formative years in the court docket procedure. Case reports illustrate the complexities within the processing and site of those early life offenders, in addition to spotlight the boundaries to antisocial adolescence receiving applicable therapy, and their elevated chance of reoffending. From this powerful wisdom base, the authors make specialist suggestions for making improvements to the juvenile justice process on the perform and coverage degrees to higher serve this population.
This authoritative volume:
• Identifies features and possibility elements linked to juvenile delinquency.
• stories proof concerning developmental, psychological future health, and different problems to juvenile offending.
• Describes the results of disabilities in key parts corresponding to offending, probability overview, competency, and outcomes.
• Examines the function of incapacity legislations within the juvenile justice system.
• deals instructions for pros to take advantage of this information of their work.
Juvenile Delinquency and Disability is a vital source for researchers, scientist-practitioners, and graduate scholars in medical, counseling, and college psychology, criminology and legal justice, baby psychiatry, academic coverage and politics, developmental psychology, and social work.
Read Online or Download Juvenile Delinquency and Disability PDF
Similar nonfiction_13 books
Missionary Discourse examines missionary writings from India and southern Africa to discover colonial discourses approximately race, faith, gender and tradition. The e-book is organised round 3 subject matters: kin, disease and violence, that have been key parts of missionary hindrance, and significant axes round which colonial distinction was once solid.
A quantity within the three-volume distant Sensing instruction manual sequence, Land assets tracking, Modeling, and Mapping with distant Sensing files the medical and methodological advances that experience taken position over the past 50 years. the opposite volumes within the sequence are Remotely Sensed info Characterization, category, and Accuracies, and distant Sensing of Water assets, mess ups, and concrete stories.
Extra info for Juvenile Delinquency and Disability
Mofﬁtt, T. , & Lynam, D. (2005). Neurocognitive impairments in boys on the life-course persistent antisocial path. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 114(1), 38. 38. , & Virkkunen, M. (1997). Young arsonists: History of conduct disorder, psychiatric diagnoses and criminal recidivism. Journal of Forensic Psychiatry, 8(2), 311–320. 1080/09585189708412013. Rodriguez, N. (2007). Restorative justice at work: Examining the impact of restorative justice resolutions on juvenile recidivism. Crime & Delinquency, 53(3), 355–379.
661. Lawrence, R. (1998). School crime and juvenile justice. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. Linz, T. , Hooper, S. , Hynd, G. , & Gibson, L. J. (1990). Frontal lobe functioning in conduct disordered juveniles: Preliminary ﬁndings. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 5(4), 411–416. 411. , & Farrington, D. P. (2012). From juvenile delinquency to adult crime: Criminal careers, justice policy and prevention. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. , & Shortt, J. W. (2012). The role of economic strain on adolescent delinquency: A microsocial process model.
Remedial and Special Education, 31, 261–275. 1177/0741932509355990. Barrett, D. , & Zhang, D. (2014). Delinquency and recidivism: A multicohort, matched-control study of the role of early adverse experiences, mental health problems, and disabilities. Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, 22, 3–15. 1177/1063426612470514. References 25 Bauer, L. , & Hesselbrock, V. M. (1994). Frontal P300 decrements in anti-social personality disorder. Alcoholism, Clinical and Experimental Research, 18(6), 1300–1305.