By Nishant Neeraj
Build, deal with, and configure high-performing, trustworthy NoSQL database on your software with Cassandra
About This Book
- Develop functions for modelling info with Cassandra 2
- Manage quite a lot of based, semi-structured, and unstructured info with Cassandra
- Explore a wide-range of Cassandra parts and the way they have interaction to create a powerful, allotted system.
Who This ebook Is For
The ebook is geared toward intermediate builders with an figuring out of center database techniques who are looking to turn into a grasp at imposing Cassandra for his or her application.
What you'll Learn
- Write courses utilizing Cassandra's good points extra efficiently
- Get the main out of a given infrastructure, enhance functionality, and tweak JVM
- Use CQL3 on your program, which makes operating with Cassandra extra simple
- Configure Cassandra and fine-tune its parameters counting on your needs
- Set up a cluster and easy methods to scale it
- Monitor Cassandra cluster in several ways
- Use Hadoop and different colossal info processing instruments with Cassandra
With ever expanding premiums of information construction comes the call for to shop facts as quickly and reliably as attainable, a requirement met by way of sleek databases reminiscent of Cassandra. Apache Cassandra is the suitable selection for construction fault tolerant and scalable databases. via this useful consultant, you are going to software pragmatically and comprehend thoroughly the ability of Cassandra. beginning with a quick recap of the fundamentals to get each person up and working, you are going to flow directly to installation and computer screen a creation setup, dive lower than the hood, and optimize and combine it with different software.
You will discover the mixing and interplay of Cassandra parts, and discover nice new gains resembling CQL3, vnodes, light-weight transactions, and triggers. eventually, via studying Hadoop and Pig, it is possible for you to to research your great data.
Read or Download Mastering Apache Cassandra PDF
Similar data modeling & design books
This booklet constitutes a set of analysis achievements mature sufficient to supply a company and trustworthy foundation on modular ontologies. It supplies the reader a close research of the state-of-the-art of the examine region and discusses the hot suggestions, theories and methods for wisdom modularization.
Till lately, info structures were designed round diversified enterprise services, comparable to money owed payable and stock keep an eye on. Object-oriented modeling, by contrast, constructions structures round the data--the objects--that make up a number of the company services. simply because information regarding a selected functionality is restricted to at least one place--to the object--the process is protected against the results of switch.
Designed in particular for a unmarried semester, first direction on database structures, there are four points that differentiate our e-book from the remainder. simplicity - usually, the know-how of database platforms could be very obscure. There are
Extra info for Mastering Apache Cassandra
11. io/pycassa/. Setting up Setting up involves creating a keyspace and a column family. It can be done via cassandra-cli or cqlsh or the Cassandra client library. We will see how this is done using cassandra-cli later in this book, so let's see how we do it programmatically using Pycassa. For brevity, the trivial parts of the code are not included. Tip Downloading the example code You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www. com.
A recent article is more attractive than an older one on the same topic. So, we need to write a getter method that pulls a list with all this information. Here is how we go about it: def get_post_list(blog_name, start='', page_size=10): next = None # Get latest page_size (10) items starting from â€œstartâ€ column name try: # gets posts in reverse chronological order. The last column is extra. multiget(post_id_vals) # merge posts and votes and yeah, trim to 100 chars. # Ideally, you'd want to strip off any HTML tag here.